homestead - Re: [Homestead] Toxic threats to children---NOW, not inNeverNever Land

  • From: "Melody O." <melody AT crecon.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Toxic threats to children---NOW, not inNeverNever Land
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 17:04:40 -0700

At 11:57 AM 1/30/05 -0800, you wrote:
>At 1/30/2005 11:37 AM, you wrote:
>

>>Hold it. From my comment, you think that I believe in freeloading? That
>>is an interesting assumption.
>>
>>I will tell you what I believe. I believe that everyone is responsible for
>>themselves and their own. I believe that taxes are forcible thievery,
>>which then allows people to *be* freeloaders. It is a matter of taking
>>from many and giving to few.
>

>This is not to say that tax dollars are not wasted, that pockets are not
>lined but there is a common benefit that comes out of the tax money.
>Taxes are part of life, even a small (a very small) study of history shows
>that. I could go on but I suspect I'm wasting my time.

And if you have studied it so carefully, when were income taxes instituted?
And for whom were they meant to tax?

If you have truly studied early American History, you will know that people
have not always been taxed to death. And you will also know that people
managed to care for their own.

>Enjoy your fantasy.

>Rob

And I equally wish you much joy living in yours.

Best wishes,
Melody