homestead - [Homestead] A PVC question

  • From: "clanSkeen" <sgian AT planetc.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] A PVC question
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 11:29:07 -0500

Tvo,

Suppose I wanted to take 2" to 2 1/2" or so (they'd all be the same) sections of thin wall 1/2" PVC and distort them into a slighly conical shape (section of a cone) with the result that the ID of one end remains the same but the ID of the other end is widened by 10% or 15%. Is this feasible? Would I push the pipe sections over a heated cone or would I rather heat the pipe and push the heated plastic over a cold cone? Or is there a better way?

James