homestead - Re: [Homestead] A PVC question

  • From: Lisa Perry <lkvp AT floydva.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] A PVC question
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 12:01:00 -0500

keith bellinger wrote:

I use a heatgun to bend PVC all the time.

How much direct or indirect heat could PVC take before it shows signs of bubbling or melting? Over our bitter cold snap before Christmas, the pipes froze to our new addition despite dripping water through the night. My husband got the water running again by taking an inexpensive propane torch and running it back and forth over the pipe. He didn't see any signs of damaging the pipe, but he wondered if it would appear suddenly and then be too late.
Lisa