homestead - Re: [Homestead] Rural voters

  • From: Rob <becidawa AT hctc.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Rural voters
  • Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2004 13:01:13 -0800

At 12/9/2004 12:37 PM, you wrote:
Everyone knows that, Gene, and that's all very nice. But the original post talked about convincing rural voters that the Democrats are no longer devoted sophists for corporations. How is that possible when 3/4 of the Congressional Dems voted for NAFTA? My feeling is that it won't get anywhere to _talk_ about anything, once actions have revealed their true nature.

Bill

I don't think the corporate connection really matters to anyone. Both the major parties are in the corporate pockets and the current administration ... well, everyone saw the major corporate giveaway during the first term & the top two spots in the Executive branch (today and over the last 4 years) ARE the big oil reps.

Our govt is there (today) to do what it can to insure corporate profits. I doubt that would have changed if Kerry had won.

Rob
becidawa AT hctc.com