homestead - Re: [Homestead] Rural voters

  • From: Bill Jones <billj AT harborside.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Rural voters
  • Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2004 12:37:36 -0800

Everyone knows that, Gene, and that's all very nice. But the original post talked about convincing rural voters that the Democrats are no longer devoted sophists for corporations. How is that possible when 3/4 of the Congressional Dems voted for NAFTA? My feeling is that it won't get anywhere to _talk_ about anything, once actions have revealed their true nature.

Bill

>Considering how Clinton rushed NAFTA through Congress during his first year in office, it's unlikely anyone will take this seriously.

Especially all those Republicans who pushed for NAFTA and voted for it. If you do a modicum of research on NAFTA, you will find that its genesis predates Clinton. NAFTA was in fact a Republican agenda item.