homestead - Re: [Homestead] ... books ....

  • From: Lisa Perry <lkvp AT floydva.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] ... books ....
  • Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 15:45:43 -0500

Toni Hawryluk wrote:

My fondest memories of time spent with my boys (thus far) is when we read
aloud the Little House on the Prairie series by Laura Ingalls Wilder

You, too ?!? My kid is going-on-40 but
he still remembers "great bedtime stories" -
and some time later we went through "The Hobbit" and "The Lord of the Rings" trilogy ... (I had nightmares, he didn't ...)

My husband read the Tolkien books with my oldest son, younger one listened occasionally. They wanted me to read the Redwall series by Brian Jacques, but he's written close to 20 books! I figured my oldest would be out of high school--and I'd be out of breath--before we finished and I was too overwhelmed--so we're sticking to non-series type books for now.