homestead - Re: [Homestead] ... books ....

  • From: Don Bowen <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] ... books ....
  • Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 14:49:49 -0800

At 11/30/2004, you wrote:
My husband read the Tolkien books with my oldest son, younger one listened occasionally.

I read the Tolkein books while driving truck. I would stop to fuel up and eat, all the while reading. Other drivers would all head for the BS section but I would find a booth by myself and read.

Even now I read every chance. Last week I finished "The Prise" a book on the history of oil and realized that I only had two books waiting. Well one of those was finished over the weekend then yesterday a friend gave me a stack of books, at least two weeks worth. It is hard keeping a book habit going.

Don Bowen
Awl Knotted Up Woodworking
Valley Center, CA http://www.braingarage.com