homestead - Re: [Homestead] ... books ....

  • From: sanrico AT highdesert.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] ... books ....
  • Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 07:32:23 +0000 (America/Los_Angeles)

Because...
knowledge is power, and we're only supposed to have enough of either to
enable us
to do our jobs, and therefore contribute to the economy. That's why
free-thinkers
are perceived as a threat, and why intellectuals are perceived as being
'geeky'.
Instead of celebrating and encouraging the potential of these people, we raise
our children to ridicule and fear them - or worse, muzzle them and isolate
them.
Hence the proposed internet tax that keeps rearing its ugly head - how better
make money and silence the sharing of knowledge in one fell swoop?
Sandy