homestead - Re: [Homestead] ... books ....

  • From: Don Bowen <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] ... books ....
  • Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 06:30:57 -0800

Don, I feel I should extend condolances! It seems we are living parallel lives.
My 'little library' has been biding time in three separate storage spaces for the
past 2-3 years, about an hour and a half away. And once in a while, guilt taps me
on the shoulder to remind me of those that I put down at some point or other,
meaning - quite sincerely - to finish them "later". I think, though, that I would
rent yet another space before I'd give up even one volume - even the outdated
ones...they are all old friends, and just as precious!

I got rid of things I intended to keep but I was just cleaning out things. There was so much stuff here that I was at times just tossing things into boxes or onto the trailer without thinking much about what was happening. Never sort your stuff when you are angry though some claim that is the best time.

Don Bowen
Awl Knotted Up Woodworking
Valley Center, CA http://www.braingarage.com