homestead - Re: [Homestead] ... books ....

  • From: sanrico AT highdesert.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] ... books ....
  • Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 07:48:11 +0000 (America/Los_Angeles)

On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 21:45:21 -0800, Don Bowen wrote:

> Now it is time to feel sad. Before the rush to clear out things to sell
> the house, I gave away about half my books. Some were outdated but many
> were not and I got rid of them for often not very good reasons. I know I
> will miss them. I already miss the ready access to the information
> contained in what was about 2000 books. I think I have about half
> left. The trailer has a bunch but there are a bunch more in storage.
>
> Those and my tools are the things I want to get out most. I have already
> made several trips to storage to retrieve tools but the books are well
> buried.
>
> Don Bowen
> Awl Knotted Up Woodworking
> Valley Center, CA http://www.braingarage.com

Don, I feel I should extend condolances! It seems we are living parallel
lives.
My 'little library' has been biding time in three separate storage spaces for
the
past 2-3 years, about an hour and a half away. And once in a while, guilt
taps me
on the shoulder to remind me of those that I put down at some point or other,
meaning - quite sincerely - to finish them "later". I think, though, that I
would
rent yet another space before I'd give up even one volume - even the outdated
ones...they are all old friends, and just as precious!

Sandy