homestead - Re: [Homestead] fundament ..... al believers

  • From: "Toni Hawryluk" <tonihawr AT msn.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] fundament ..... al believers
  • Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 20:09:49 -0800

----- Original Message ----- From: Wendy<mailto:crazygardens AT nationi.net>
>> > Wendy said :
>> >Man is only to teach and man has the freewill to follow or not.
>
> >The customs of society remove much of that "freewill" -
> >and not just the immediately visible harmful actions either.
> >
>Yes. But the laws and customs that man imposes on himself should never be
>confused with those that are >requested by God. Wendy

Ah, yes ... and isn't it a pity that *women*
must follow what "man" imposes on 'himself" ?

Also, since gawd is seen only by "innocents",
drunks, or the insane, and not recently
either - and since there are ever so many
gawds - and even more interpretations of
what any purported gawd is supposed to
have said, "therein lies the rub" (or whatever
it was ?Shakespeare? is supposed to have
observed/written) :

just *which* of the *endless* supply of past
and present, and future gawds', too, rules
are the ones that apply ?

The sermonized one that I've been most familiar
with is claimed to be omnipotent and omnipresent -
but from the looks of what's going on in *this*
world, doesn't concern itself with *us*.

As for any 'next life', if Houdini couldn't get back,
I don't hold out much hope for there being any ...