homestead - Re: [Homestead] fundament ..... al believers

  • From: "Wendy" <crazygardens AT nationi.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] fundament ..... al believers
  • Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 20:12:56 -0500

----- Original Message ----- From: Wendy<mailto:crazygardens AT nationi.net>

>From the Qur'an, Gurah 2:190 - 193

> Is this all the farther you got? This is in book 2 of 114.

Sounds familiar - how far in the *post* did you get
to see how and who ??

I read all your post. Religious extremism of ANY religion is dangerous.
I was just pointing out that the passage you quoted was taken out of
context. The passage is not meant as a call to attack, but merely to say
that, although killing is wrong (as stated many places in the Qur'an) it is
permissible to use capitol force in defense of oneself from oppressive
aggressors in your own lands, even in sacred places, because it is the
lesser of two evils.

Yes, the various sects of Islam are killing each other, just as the
various sects of Christianity have killed each other. I have never seen
anywhere in any sacred text of either religion that God has given permission
and divine authority to ANYONE to FORCE anybody to adhere to their own
personal interpretation of His Word. In fact it is stated repeatedly in
both texts that only He, and He alone, has the authority to deal with those
who disregard His word. Man is only to teach and man has the freewill to
follow or not. Those who use His Name for their own personal power and gain
are, in my opinion, the worst blasphemers of all.

Wendy