homestead - Re: [Homestead] Homestead tools

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Homestead tools
  • Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 09:21:40 -0700

I wish I could remember brand names - the hardware is formed metal
for the ends of the 2x?s to join them ... Anybody know what the
'things' are called ?

Nails.

HaHa. Joist hangers?

I think she is thinking about those cute formed reusable pieces for joining framing, on the order of the brackets for quickly making saw horses. The reason I was being facetious is because such a fastener doesn't fit my homesteader mentality. Unnecessary cost. Reminds me of those, what, stars?, that were sold to frame geodesic domes. In fact, wasn't it Jd Belanger who sold them? Am I losing it?