homestead - RE: [Homestead] Homestead tools

  • From: "Warren F. Smith" <WarrenSmith AT PalmettoBuilders.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Homestead] Homestead tools
  • Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 10:25:04 -0500

>>Make sure you get two or more batteries and a charger. Has
>>anyone found a
>>test that discovered the best batteries? My 14.4v DeWalts seem to be
>>weakening. Seems like they lose a charge just lying there.

Some of the Builder mags have done these reviews/tests. I think we're stuck
with steadily weakening batteries until they put lith-ion in them.

The big shocker is when you go to replace them and find you can buy a new
toolset with batteries cheaper than a single replacement battery. Most
chargers give instructions for how to make them go into a reconditioning
cycle. Also, gene, you might want to google "dewalt charger recall" and make
sure your unit isn't one of the ones that starts fires!

---
Hey, we check all the outgoing mail and certify it Virus Free.