homestead - Re: [Homestead] Homestead tools

  • From: "Jerry W. Shepperd" <shepperd AT austincc.edu>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Homestead tools
  • Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 14:14:59 -0600

Rob,

Good list. I would add:
Lots of clamps --
C-clamps of all sizes,
Bar clamps and/or pipe clamps,
Spring clamps.
Good ladder. We stayed in a motel this summer, and on Sunday morning the television had an infomercial about the Little Giant Ladder System that supposedly is safer and handier than regular step or extension ladders. They are somewhat expensive, but if they are indeed safer, then that shouldn't be a factor. The informercial gave the impression that any builder, handyperson, homeowner, contractor, homesteader worth her or his salt, already has one, or has one coming via UPS. However, I don't know anyone who has one, so can't speak to its utility.
http://www.ladders.com/
A hoist or a Swing pole from which a come-along can be hooked so it can be used as a hoist.
Duct tape.

Jerry