homestead - Re: [Homestead] Oil leaks; use thicker oil?

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Oil leaks; use thicker oil?
  • Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 10:49:32 -0700

200k+ is a good run.... it's just a matter of time.

Toyota has spoiled me. I expect a Toyota to run good until the body falls off. This Corolla runs perfect, gets good mileage. I really don't think it burns much of the oil, just drips it out. Who woulda thunk that gaskets and seals might one day tip the balance between running and junking a car? Not that this one has reached that scenario.

One more year.