homestead - Re: [Homestead] Oil leaks; use thicker oil?

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Oil leaks; use thicker oil?
  • Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 10:41:04 -0700

Stations used to have bulk oil which was about as thick as glue. And, don't
they still sell additives that are supposed to search out the leaks and plug
them?

We had an old Toyota Corolla that hubby used for commuting that we used the
bulk oil with. We sold it at over 300,000 miles and last we heard it was
still going strong, still not burning oil but still never needing to go in
for an oil change <g> if you know what I mean.

Lynda