homestead - Re: [Homestead] Sinclair Broadcasting

  • From: DSanner106 AT aol.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Sinclair Broadcasting
  • Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 22:13:29 EDT

In a message dated 10/21/2004 10:20:38 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
genegerue AT ruralize.com writes:

Seems to me the issue is the use of the public airwaves, which under our
laws, belong to the citizens and may be used as prescribed by the Federal
Communications Commission. Whether use of profanity or use for religious or
political purposes, there are rules that control. Seems to me that is how
such issues as this Sinclair production should be resolved.

Michael Moore made a movie with his own money. He didn't get any free time
or space on the public airways.

Although I see a big difference between the two, I have to agree with you ,
Gene on the issue of use of the airwaves. Michael Moore made a very one sided
documentary and has attempted to contract for pay per view time the night
before the election, but it is still pay per view. Sinclair is broadcasting
on the
open airwaves and should still fall under guidelines covering such.

Drew