homestead - [Homestead] Recalls ... free gov email newsletter

  • From: "Toni Hawryluk" <tonihawr AT msn.com>
  • To: "Homestead mailing list" <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] Recalls ... free gov email newsletter
  • Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 17:04:14 -0700

I may have sent this before, but I'm seeing
more tools being recalled so I'm sending it
again in case there are people out there
needing this information, and having photos
of the offending merchandise helps quickly
identify it. Today's "serious" recalls were
for a Zippo 'utility' lighter and for a 'spiral
saw' - something I hadn't even seen before,
and for a mattress pad that didn't pass
the not-flammable test ...

The lighter :

To view this recall online, use the following link:
http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml05/05019.html<http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml05/05019.html>

the saw :

To view this press release online, use the following link:
http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml05/05022.html<http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml05/05022.html>

Send the link for this page to a friend!<javascript:send();> The U.S.
Consumer Product Safety Commission is charged with protecting the public from
unreasonable risks of serious injury or death from more than 15,000 types of
consumer products under the agency's jurisdiction. Deaths, injuries and
property damage from consumer product incidents cost the nation more than
$700 billion annually. The CPSC is committed to protecting consumers and
families from products that pose a fire, electrical, chemical, or mechanical
hazard or can injure children. The CPSC's work to ensure the safety of
consumer products - such as toys, cribs, power tools, cigarette lighters, and
household chemicals - contributed significantly to the 30 percent decline in
the rate of deaths and injuries associated with consumer products over the
past 30 years.

To join a CPSC email subscription list, please go to
www.cpsc.gov/cpsclist.asp<http://www.cpsc.gov/cpsclist.asp>. Consumers can
obtain this release and recall information at CPSC's Web site at
www.cpsc.gov<http://www.cpsc.gov/>.
To report a dangerous product or a product-related injury, call CPSC's
hotline at (800) 638-2772 or CPSC's teletypewriter at (800) 638-8270, or
visit CPSC's web site at
www.cpsc.gov/talk.html<http://www.cpsc.gov/talk.html>.