homestead - Re: [Homestead] Was: Recieved this

  • From: DSanner106 AT aol.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Was: Recieved this
  • Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 22:04:22 EDT

In a message dated 10/20/2004 11:11:10 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
chris_hillman AT msn.com writes:

I received a terrible 3rd ? degree burn on the top of my right foot from some
hot, boiling water. It looks real bad.

We've been using "Bactine" liquid on it for disinfection and "Neosporin"
cream, with a bandage covering.

It looks like, after 3 days, that it's trying to "scab-over", but it's still
"wet" with body-fluids. About 2 1/2 round inches of skin is burned off.

People have been saying to use H202 (hyrdogen peroxide) on it and
Epsom-salts, and salt-water baths after it scabs.

Any "pro" suggestions out there from the old Homesteads?

Pray for me that I don't loose my foot to gangrene.

Paul Hillman

Hi,
My wife is a Nurse Practitioner and former clinic director. She feels it
is getting infected by your description, and is not sure you can continue to
treat it on your own. Not being able to see it, she recommends you get it
evaluated and it may need anti-biotics. She is not big on prescribing them,
but if
the foot is in danger, better not to fool around with it. Any other
discriptions or symptoms?

Drew