homestead - RE: [Homestead] Recieved this, thought to pass it along

  • From: "WF Smith" <WarrenSmith AT PalmettoBuilders.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Homestead] Recieved this, thought to pass it along
  • Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 21:39:23 -0400

> This country wasn't founded by a good bunch of Christians. It was founded
> by a bunch of felons (boat loads sent over just like Australia),

My ancestors weren't felons or outcasts and they actually got here quite
early, in U.S. terms. Perhaps you are referring to the slave trade or people
who bought their passage through indenture. In any event, please post some
backup for your claim likening early American immigrants to boatloads of
felons.

> a bunch of
> greedy folks in it for the money and a bunch of religious nuts
> who had left
> another country because that country wouldn't change to please them.

IF that were true, then you would have just made the argument of the
purported letter writer to the Tampa newspaper. If this country won't change
to please them, then they should leave. After all, by your account, it
worked pretty well for our early settlers. "Greedy folks in it for the
money" also sounds a lot like people looking to make fresh starts, try their
hands at new endeavors, break out of feudal caste systems, or just in
general improve their lots in life.

I won't argue (I won't argue anything on this list) whoever's posit that the
Constitution, etc. was based on an Old Testament God. If you really want to
learn about some scary stuff, go to some of the conspiracy sites and find
out (horror of horrors) how many of our Founding Fathers were Freemasons.
Then, do some more research and you will learn that Freemasons do not
specify in which God you must believe. It could be the Pope's or Jerry
Falwell's or (insert influential Jewish leader here). The country may have
been more religiously tolerant at that time, due to the influence of the
Freemasons, than it has been since. In any event, I believe the Ten
Commandments were probably more in their minds than anything that ever came
out of Rome.

Warren
---