homestead - Re: [Homestead] NYTimes.com Article: 'Catastrophic Success': The Strategy to Secure Iraq Did Not Foresee a 2nd War

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: tvoivozd AT roanoke.infi.net, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] NYTimes.com Article: 'Catastrophic Success': The Strategy to Secure Iraq Did Not Foresee a 2nd War
  • Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 06:49:39 -0700

Extracting defeat from victory is a Bush family trait. Bush I did it in in Desert Storm, Bush II did it in 2003.

If you don't believe in a thing you don't do it well.

During the last campaign Bush argued against nation building. He said he didn't believe in it. Yet today he has us involved in nation building in Iraq on a scale unseen since what we did after World War II under the Marshall Plan. During the 2000 election, Bush called for our troops to be pulled out of the NATO mission in the Balkans. He now cites such missions as an example of how America must stay the course.

This is what happens when we elect a lightweight who is controlled by others. And this is just one more example of why a voter should never rely on what a campaigning politician says he will do. Look at his history, not his promises.