homestead - Re: [Homestead] was power of etc., now Iraq war

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] was power of etc., now Iraq war
  • Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2004 09:26:46 -0700

The opening premise of Bush 43's admin was that (and I quote Rice) "Iraq is destablishing the region."

Is that another Bush-word? Like misunderestimated?

With ten of the neo-conservative
hawks that were part of the Project for a New American Century being in key positions in his administration, how could anyone be surprised that Baby Bush attacked Iraq?

Iraq for foreordained. Advisors to the president have enormous influence, this one more than most. A president whose character precluded serious study is taught choices by those with a history of involvement in their fields. Cheney hand-picked all the key players. Policy was foreordained by the choices. An anomaly was Christie Todd Whitman, the token bipartisan, who was chosen to run the EPA. She left the administration frustrated by three years of being stymied by ideogues and industry lobbyists. We will breathe the results for years.