homestead - [Homestead] was power of etc., now Iraq war

  • From: Tvoivozhd <tvoivozd AT infionline.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] was power of etc., now Iraq war
  • Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2004 11:26:53 -0700

DSanner106 AT aol.com wrote:

,What isn't substantiated?

declaring war as a whim

or to settle old *personal* "debts

The above statement. If you can REALLY show me that we are at war on a whim,
or that all this is about personal debts, then fine, but until then, this is an unsubstantiated
claim. I just can't help questioning this sort of thing.

Drew

tvoivozhd, while I have never heard or seen such military stupidity, such lack of planning stupidity, such insufficient boots on the ground stupidity as exhibited by Bush, I supported the Iraq invasion---not for the feeble make-weight arguments of Bush, but because it was due, and overdue tor us to end the war between the U.S. and Saddam occurring every day since 1993, and to prevent a corrupt U.N., France, and Russia from converting Saddam back into the Mideast menace he was and wanted to be again.

The only way to stop Saddam was to stop him.

Bush, one-by-one foreclosed numerous options to win the Iraq war and its aftermath, so its conclusion will be not as as we wanted and should have had. That's another matter, and has ho bearing on whether we should have taken steps to end our war with Saddam in the first place.