homestead - RE: [Homestead] was power of etc., now Iraq war

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT dtnspeed.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Homestead] was power of etc., now Iraq war
  • Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 21:26:58 -0500

Good summary, Lynda.

If you all read what bin Laden actually wrote, it becomes apparent that with
the attack on Iraq we have done just what bin Laden wants us to do. As Pat
Buchanan has pointed out (most clearly in his latest book, How the Right
Went Wrong), we have had a tin ear regarding Muslim views on the Mideast
situation.

George Bush's use of the term 'Crusader' was only another nail in the coffin
of the relationship between the US and the moderate Arab states.

I'm not sure that we can reclaim our relationships with the nonradical Arab
states, but we really ought to try. Earth can't take a world war between
Arabs and infidels.

Marie, who objects to being classified as an infidel.