homestead - Re: [Homestead] Homestead survival plan

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Homestead survival plan
  • Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2004 06:57:21 -0700

You still have the problem that this is a cash world. You still need money for taxes, health care, etc. That has to come from some where.

Yes, and that was the core of my just-finished joust with Tvo and James. They derided real estate and stocks as investments that generate living expenses. So again and again I asked for their better answer. None was forthcoming.

The discussion was useful to me in illustrating once more that any financial plan must fit the planner. Each of us has a unique background, varying skills and talents. We also have different levels of confidence and fear. So it is futile to suggest one plan that fits all.

What we here have agreed on over the years is that one can live on a modest budget more easily in rural surroundings, living the homestead style of life wherein one produces most of one's needs and sells the excess. Beyond that, we all seem to require unique plans.