homestead - Re: [Homestead] Homestead survival plan

  • From: Don Bowen <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Homestead survival plan
  • Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2004 09:07:55 -0700

We seem to have let this thread die but I think it is much too important to just ignore. Many of us are getting older and there will come a time when physical activity will become more difficult. A small holding with a garden and shop, all constructed by ones own hands may be an ideal retirement but building much of that is a young mans game. What if you have to start over at an older age? Older people are forced into retirement at an earlier age as companies out source work and only hire the cheapest workers. There are any number of reasons to start over so what would be a good strategy to set oneself up for a self sufficient retirement even with limited income and physical resources?

Don Bowen
Awl Knotted Up Woodworking
Valley Center, CA http://www.braingarage.com