homestead - RE: [Homestead] Dam design,

  • From: "Warren F. Smith" <WarrenSmith AT PalmettoBuilders.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Homestead] Dam design,
  • Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2004 12:17:34 -0400

I was amazed at how many small dams they have data on. There are a few of my
neighbors listed, though mine is not.

I don't know if Grandad bothered with a permit when he built it or even if
one would have been required. I do know he didn't bother to get my
Grandmothers permission, and that was a sore spot for many years. He used to
fill irrigation tanks for his orchards from the two springs beneath the
pond. His official reasoning was that a pond would make them much easier to
fill, but the man loved to fish. Go figure.

This surfaces every now and again but it's really funny, if you can get past
the background color:
http://personal.ecu.edu/snyderh/Check%20Out/damletter.html

Warren

---
Hey, we check all the outgoing mail and certify it Virus Free.