homestead - Re: [Homestead] Our Maximum Leader's real military record

  • From: "Wendy" <crazygardens AT nationi.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Our Maximum Leader's real military record
  • Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 07:41:10 -0400

Linda,
You are right. The company I worked for in the late 70's and 80's had these
older Selectrics that had been at the company long before I started. We had
special balls that substituted the common superscripts for some of the less
common keys like the ~, ^, and * were replaced with superscript th, st, nd.
There were other substitutions also, but I was not a secretary, so I didn't
use them much and don't remember. I just know that whenever I tried to use
the ^ key when typing an equation, I needed to cuss, change the ball and get
the white-out.
Wendy