gwl-g - [gwl-g] Dumb Bunny

gwl-g@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: gardenwriters-on-gardening

  • From: Melanie <melaniev@optonline.net>
  • To: gardenwriters-on-gardening <gwl-g@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [gwl-g] Dumb Bunny
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 09:03:38 -0400

The other day I noticed a large brown spot on our front lawn. This lawn is pristine, Scotts Co. approached the previous owner in attempts to film a commercial here.

Looking closely, it appeared as if something had removed the sod. Well, crows and raccoons have been known to do that in the past so I just let it be.

This morning I see a big fat bunny pulling out tufts of grass there and digging up the soil. This place is bunny heaven but if she actually has her babies there they'll be mowed over when the lawn company arrives.

I'd like to relocate her without traumatizing her. Should I just keep filling the hole? Should I cordon it off until the babies are grown? Should I just plant more flowers there :-)

Melanie Vassallo