gmark - Re: Critique of Gibson's Conference Paper

gmark AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Kata Markon

  • From: "Jeffrey B. Gibson" <jgibson000 AT attbi.com>
  • To: Kata Markon <gmark AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Critique of Gibson's Conference Paper
  • Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 20:25:55 -0500

JFAlward AT aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 10/22/02 4:16:40 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
> larry.swain AT wmich.edu writes:
>
> << However, until you begin to respond to the arguments presented against
> your position, this will be my last post on the subject. >>
>
> Well, now, there you go. It's all right for you to demand that I respond to
> your questions, else you will stop posting, but it is not all right for me
> ask that Jeff respond to mine?

Of course it's all right for you to ask that I (and BTW, as a surface reading
of
my messages and my signature should clearly indicate, it's Jeffrey, not Jeff)
respond to your questions.

But, given our protocols on collegiality as well as what the canons of normal
scholarly discourse obliges you to do, it is **not** all right to make
whether or
not you will respond to Larry's questions about your thesis and your handling
of
the evidence contingent upon whether or not I respond.

JG
--
Jeffrey B. Gibson, D.Phil. (Oxon.)
1500 W. Pratt Blvd.