gmark - Re: Critique of Gibson's Conference Paper

gmark AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Kata Markon

  • From: JFAlward AT aol.com
  • To: gmark AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Critique of Gibson's Conference Paper
  • Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 13:12:37 EDT

In a message dated 10/21/02 8:51:06 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
jgibson000 AT attbi.com writes:

<< I added some material to it. It is now at:

newHTM%29.htm >>

----------
JOE ALWARD

I won't have time to carefully read your new paper until later today, or
tomorrow. It would save readers' time if you were to tell us whether you
only *added* material, but did not change what was already there. If you
only added material, would it be convenient for you to post that new material
in this forum?

On the other hand, if you have modified your position at all, it would be
very helpful if you would you briefly tell us here what your views are now,
if they have changed. That way, we can avoid any possible misunderstanding.
I understood from your first draft that you believed that Mark was
admonishing his disciples not to test God, rather than simply telling them
not to succumb to the body's test of their will. Is that still your position?

I hope you will understand my reluctance to jump right into your revised
paper to analyze it to the same degree I did in creating my article about
your paper, because I cannot be certain that before this evening you will not
have presented yet one more paper. It would be easier for forum members just
to be told by you in summary form what you believe in just a few sentences,
then we can use those statements to decide if a deeper exploration of your
revised paper is called for. If you would do that, I would appreciate it
very much.

Regards,

Joseph F. Alward, PhD
Assistant Professor
Department of Physics
University of the Pacific
Stockton CA 95201
Web page: "A Skeptical View of Christianity and the Bible"
http://members.aol.com/jalw/joseph_alward.html