gmark - Re: Flight of the Naked Young Man

gmark AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Kata Markon

  • From: JFAlward AT aol.com
  • To: gmark AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Flight of the Naked Young Man
  • Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 18:14:38 EST

In a message dated 3/12/01 3:00:23 PM Pacific Standard Time,
gwyoung AT morgan.ucs.mun.ca writes:

Some scholars maintain that the young man, is a 'leftover' from Secret Mark
(e.g., Morton Smith).  I think it is safe to say that there is a consensus
that the 'young man' is not to be taken literally.

Regards,

G. Young

I'll withhold judgment about Secret Mark until I see evidence of its
existence.  As for not taking the "young man" literally, I think my earlier
comments show that I'm in complete agreement with you.  Now, this raises an
interesting question:  By which criteria do we judge gospel elements to be
fictional?  Was Judas real?

Joe