freetds - Re: [freetds] Named Instances

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brett <generica AT email.com>
  • To: Frediano Ziglio <freddyz77 AT tin.it>
  • Cc: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Named Instances
  • Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 09:35:30 +1000 (EST)

Thanks for the info,

It does seem to be connecting to the right instance, but I'm just having a lot of trouble understanding this library. There doesn't seem to be any simple instructions on the rudimentary operations I want to do:

connect to a server, instance (got that part)
perform a sql operation - call a stored procedure (got that part)
get the row count for the operation ????
iterate through, grabbing each row returned ????
disconnect (got that part)

I hate to be a bother, but honestly, I've looked at the unittests, and searched on the web, and inspected the header files, and there just doesn't seem to be examples that cover such a simple operation.

Any help would be gladly appreciated,

/ Brett