freetds - RE: [freetds] Named Instances

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Frediano Ziglio <freddyz77 AT tin.it>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] Named Instances
  • Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2005 20:22:02 +0200

Il giorno mer, 06-04-2005 alle 10:29 -0400, Bort, Paul ha scritto:
> Yes, that is what I meant.
>
> I don't think it requires ODBC. The line "TDSCONNECTION have
> an extra DSTR instance_name field" makes me think that it can be done with
> dblib.
>
> Perhaps the author can provide more information?

Thank to read so accurately my mails :) I didn't updated instance code
since February (and it was only a fix for cluster installations...)

The comment was very technical (that is for developers). TDSCONNECTION
is a libTDS structure. dblib use libTDS however there is no way to set
directly this member from dblib. This do not means that you cannot use
instance names from dblib but simply that you have to specify it in
freetds.conf file.

Well... now I'm going to do my french exercise

bye