freetds - Re: [freetds] Solaris linking

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT schemamania.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Solaris linking
  • Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2004 11:51:28 -0500

Alex S Moore <asmoore AT edge.net> wrote:

> > Blech. It sounds like 0.63R2 won't build on Solaris using Sun's
> > linker. It sounds like a problem with either libtool, or the way we're
> > using libtool.
> >

> When you said 'Sun's linker', I was thinking /usr/bin/ccs/ld. I do use
> that linker with gmake (not /usr/bin/ccs/make) to build the freetds
> package for blastwave.org.

Alex,

Thanks for your message. I don't know what linker we're talking about.
:-/ Martin said:

> I'm using the 'native' linker on all commercial unices,

I wonder what is the difference between your setup and his.

Come to think of it, I'm sure Bill Thompson has linked successfully on
Solaris, too. Which linker, I'm not sure.

I think it's important we understand what's going on. Forewarned is
forearmed: at the very least, we should be able to tell our Solaris
friends what to expect.

Regards,