freetds - Re: [freetds] failed conection with (php+freetds+red hat 9) - Mssql 2000 server - on windows 2003 server

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT schemamania.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] failed conection with (php+freetds+red hat 9) - Mssql 2000 server - on windows 2003 server
  • Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2004 11:58:03 -0500

Moises Ramos <hakeshu_k AT yahoo.com> wrote:

> Im conect php to mssql 2000 on windows 2000 server and this conection
> its ok...
>
> but when I attemp to conect php to mssql 2000 server on windows 2003
> server, I see the message cant conect to database...

Many possibilties, Moises. I can assure you there's very little
difference between 2000 and 2003 regarding logging in. It works.

Can you telnet to the port? Does tsql -H work? Are you using SQL Server
Authentication, or a domain login?

You might define TDSDUMP and have a look at the log. If it's an
authentication problem, you'll see the rejection message coming back from
the server, and you can talk to your dba about it. If you don't see a
message from the server, you have a configuration issue, usually solved in
freetds.conf.