freetds - Re: [freetds] Solaris linking

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT schemamania.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Solaris linking
  • Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2004 01:23:16 -0500

Martin Spott <Martin.Spott AT uni-duisburg.de> wrote:
> "Lowden, James K" wrote:
> >
> > Which is the real problem? Does nm(1) say the symbols are missing
> > from libtds? Or is the linker failing to find them for some reason?
>
> The symbols in fact are _not_ present in libtds - neither the static
> nor the shared lib.
> I'm using the 'native' linker on all commercial unices,

Blech. It sounds like 0.63R2 won't build on Solaris using Sun's linker.
It sounds like a problem with either libtool, or the way we're using
libtool.

http://www.gnu.org/software/libtool/libtool.html

libtool's Change Log doesn't indicate anything for Solaris since 1.5.6,
which is what we're using. Still, I don't see how we're using it
incorrectly.

I don't see how we can let the release out the door without a solution.
:-(