freetds - Re: [freetds] problems configuring..

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Craig Davison <cd AT securityfocus.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] problems configuring..
  • Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 15:50:14 -0700

On Mon, Feb 24, 2003 at 04:52:37PM -0500, Russell Kroboth wrote:
> I found /etc/odbc.ini on the system, but it is an empty document. I never
> edited this document anyway, I used the instructions on
> http://www.unixodbc.org/doc/FreeTDS.html to register the driver and create
> an ODBC data source. Here are the templates and steps I used while following
> the instructions:
>
> [TDS]
> Description=v0.60
> Driver=/usr/local/lib/libtds.so

Are you sure that's the correct path? I installed from the RPM and the
name of the installed ODBC driver was different. From my
/etc/odbcinst.ini:

[TDS]
Driver = /usr/lib/libtdsodbc.so
FileUsage = 1

You can use 'odbcinst' to merge that with /etc/odbcinst.ini, but I find
odbcinst really cumbersome and poorly documented. I would edit the file
directly.

--
Craig Davison
Symantec Corporation