freetds - RE: [freetds] 0.61rc4 posted and announced

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Lowden, James K" <LowdenJK AT bernstein.com>
  • To: "'FreeTDS Development Group'" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] 0.61rc4 posted and announced
  • Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 18:09:56 -0500

Yes, absolutely. :-)

> You can use documentation for configure server and for developing
> another application... If you have a system administrator and a
> developer developer should use all packages (i386, devel and
> doc) while
> sa should use 2 package (i386 and doc) but if you have 2 machine and
> only one person it will install all package in
> developement/test machine and only i386 on other...

I think we're down to one question: whether or not to have a separate doc
rpm, and/or in which rpm the UG should be included. From your description,
it seems freetds-0.61-1.i386.rpm is required for everything. That makes it
seem like the likely candidate for included documentation.

My premise was that "make install" would be changed to install the UG.
Let's see if we can get that far, and agree on where it should go (and in
how many formats), and then see if we've made your RPM scheme easier or
harder or better or worse.

Thank you for being Mr. RPM, Freddy. Clearly, people care about it.

out such orders and/or instructions.