freetds - RE: [freetds] problems configuring..

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: ZIGLIO Frediano <Frediano.Ziglio AT vodafoneomnitel.it>
  • To: "'FreeTDS Development Group'" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] problems configuring..
  • Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 15:25:03 +0100

> > -bash-2.05b# isql -v P450 cgiscript corv3tt31
> > [unixODBC][Driver Manager]Driver's SQLAllocHandle on
> SQL_HANDLE_HENV failed
> > [ISQL]ERROR: Could not SQLConnect
> >
> > What could it be?
> >

> No obvious reason from what I can see. Here are some more
> things to try;
>
> 1 - Use a host name instead of an IP. I simply add a line to
> /etc/hosts
> when DSN would fail (such as in your case). Example line for
> /etc/hosts...
>
> 192.168.1.54 COSTLYSERVER
>
> 2 - I use "Servername" not "Server" but this may have changed since I
> last updated my FreeTDS source. So in my case the line in the
> ~/.odbc.ini file would look something like this;

Server is not an error. Is used in freetds.conf'less connection and can be
an ip (it point to real server while servername point to freetds.conf
server).

I don't understand
[unixODBC][Driver Manager]Driver's SQLAllocHandle on SQL_HANDLE_HENV failed
It seem that is unable to create handle, or perhaps it do not find driver
(.so file)...

My /etc/odbcinst.ini contain
[FreeTDS]
Description = FreeTDS driver
Driver =
/home/freddy/cpp/freetds/freetds/src/odbc/.libs/libtdsodbc.so
FileUsage = 1

/home/freddy/cpp/freetds/freetds/src/odbc/.libs/libtdsodbc.so is my driver..
are you sure that your exists?

freddy77

"STRICTLY PERSONAL AND CONFIDENTIAL

This message may contain confidential and proprietary material for the sole
use of the intended recipient. Any review or distribution by others is
strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient please contact
the sender and delete all copies.
The contents of this message that do not relate to the official business of
our company shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it."