freetds - RE: [freetds] problems configuring..

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Russell Kroboth <rkroboth AT visitraleigh.com>
  • To: 'FreeTDS Development Group' <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] problems configuring..
  • Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 16:52:37 -0500

>I presume is 0.61rc...

I just updated to the rpm of version 6.1 from the site using rpm -U. I
still experience the same error. I can use the rc file, but I would need an
instructions page to follow..

>How have you configured dsn?
>Send the part of odbc.ini where dsn is configured...

I found /etc/odbc.ini on the system, but it is an empty document. I never
edited this document anyway, I used the instructions on
http://www.unixodbc.org/doc/FreeTDS.html to register the driver and create
an ODBC data source. Here are the templates and steps I used while following
the instructions:

[TDS]
Description=v0.60
Driver=/usr/local/lib/libtds.so

Used the command 'odbcinst -i -d -f tds.driver.template'

[P450]
Driver=TDS
Description=Partners
Trace=No
Servername=192.168.1.54
Database=Partners
UID=testuser

Used the command 'odbcinst -i -s -f tds.datasource.template'

Here is the query that i used to verify they were installed:

-bash-2.05b# odbcinst -q -d
[PostgreSQL]
[TDS]
-bash-2.05b# odbcinst -q -s
[P450]

>What driver manager are you using? unixodbc or iodbc?

I installed unixODBC-2.2.2-3.i386.rpm, no apparent problems while installing