freetds - Re: [freetds] Win32 - ODBC Not OLEDB ?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Peter Harvey <pharvey AT codebydesign.com>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Win32 - ODBC Not OLEDB ?
  • Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2003 19:20:21 -0800

I assert the ODBC standard is chock-full of choices that make it easy to
define and hard to implement, precisely the kind of choice one would make
if defining a standard for someone else to write. Those choices lead
directly to drivers that are big and unreliable.

I must admit its quite a bit of work for someone to create a "good" ODBC driver. I know it and thats why I say kudo's to those involved. Whether it be Nick (who looks after almost everything in unixODBC these days) or the folks here who chip in to improve the FreeTDS ODBC driver.

Peter