freetds - Re: [freetds] Win32 - ODBC Not OLEDB ?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Jon Pounder <JonP AT inline.net>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Win32 - ODBC Not OLEDB ?
  • Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2003 17:43:29 -0500

opayc is not a problem since we control the sql syntax on both sides of the fence - try to make common sql syntax with mysql and access thrown into the mix - odbc common features is a piece of cake by comparison.

Peter was the one who made much of this possible with his early work on unixODBC. There was not much any good around for this sort of cross platform (o/s) and cross dbms independance, and I have probably not thanked him as much as I should have over the years for a job well done.

At 02:39 PM 2/6/2003 -0800, you wrote:

>All our products at www.ihtml.com, www.ihtmlmerchant.com, and www.opayc.com

Hmm, well I suspect that you used much more discipline then we did.