freetds - [freetds] ODBC: Not reporting some error messages?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Craig Davison <cd AT securityfocus.com>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] ODBC: Not reporting some error messages?
  • Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 20:59:43 -0700

Hi,

I noticed that some queries (whether performed through SQLExecDirect or
SQLPrepare/SQLExecure) do not return full error messages. Are ODBC error
messages still not fully implemented in FreeTDS?

Examples:

SLECT uid FROM master..sysusers
Msg 156, Level 15, State 1, Server MEGATRON, Line 1
Incorrect syntax near the keyword 'FROM'.
Correct.

SELECT ui FROM master..sysusers
Msg 207, Level 16, State 3, Server MEGATRON, Line 1
Invalid column name 'ui'.
Correct.

SELECT x.uid FROM master..sysusers
(SQLGetDiagRec does not return SQL_SUCCESS, and hence no error message)
Oops!

(This is what I get in Microsoft Query Manager:
Msg 107, Level 16, State 2, Line 1
The column prefix 'x' does not match with a table name or alias name used
in the query.)

The bug (or not bug) that I reported earlier today could be related to
this. It could also be unixODBC's fault (I'm using 2.2.2) and not FreeTDS
(Using 0.61rc1 on RedHat 8 x86)

Thanks!

--
Craig Davison