freetds - RE: [freetds] Preparing 0.61

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Lowden, James K" <LowdenJK AT bernstein.com>
  • To: "'freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org'" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] Preparing 0.61
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 12:21:25 -0500

AFAIK, the problem Brian (?) discovered with Sybase 12.5 and TDS 4.2 hasn't
been addressed. Our TDS 4.2 implementation crashes a Sybase 12.5 server.
The warning was taken from the README-0.60 that was included in that
release. I figured we need only one README, so I included the warning in
it.

One of these days, I'm going to rewrite tds_send_login(). It should be
handed a structure of TDS_X_LOGIN (where X is the version) to write out to
the server. As written, it's very hard to tell what's being sent, because
the data are pulled from a variety of sources and written on the fly,
complete with #if's for endianism and branches for the TDS version.

Perhaps if we made what we're doing more plain, Sybase could tell us what to
differently.

We should add this to Known Issues in the UG.

out such orders and/or instructions.