freetds - RE: [freetds] Preparing 0.61

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Thompson, Bill D (London)" <ThompBil AT exchange.uk.ml.com>
  • To: "'freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org'" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] Preparing 0.61
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 15:55:25 -0000

James,

> As big a fan as I am of bcp and the work you're doing, I think it would be
> better to include everything you mentioned in 0.62. What's in CVS now
> hasn't changed much except for bugfixes in the last 4 weeks. Practically
> every problem mentioned on the list is answered by "get the latest
snapshot"
> (except the "look at the log" answers). I really think it's time.

Can't disagree...

> Regarding bcp, are you working on bcp for ct-lib? If not, I think I will.

I haven't gone that far, and will be otherwise occupied...
I suggest that after 0.61, we put in my bcp improvements and then hand it
over to you to rip it out of dblib.
A good case for the libcommon-but-not-tds approach, I think.

> What I would like from you if you wouldn't mind is an updated TODO
> reflecting your plans for 0.62. If you'd "pull up" the items that you
think
> should go in the next release, that would give 0.61 users a clearer idea
> where we're heading.

will do.

> Microsoft servers only, or TDS 5, too?

Mmm I'm going to SQL first, then TDS 5.

> Not to be a noodge, but any progress on the CVS front? Are you at least
>able to keep your workfiles synchronized with HEAD?

one more push and I might be there....

Bill