freetds - Re: StarOffice, unixODBC, FreeTDS

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Lowden, James K" <LowdenJK AT bernstein.com>
  • To: "'TDS Development Group'" <freetds AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: StarOffice, unixODBC, FreeTDS
  • Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 16:55:50 -0500

Martin,

There is a section in the UG about making FreeTDS work with a driver
manager. Tell us what's missing. It's not clear to me what role StarOffice
plays.

Whether or not the ODBC driver has sufficient functionality depends on
whether or not it has the functionality you need. ;) Cf. doc/api_status.txt
for details; it's intended to be up to date.

If you are using a recent snapshot (recommended) be advised there were
changes in the last month (see ChangeLog) wrt where the ODBC driver finds
its server information. That's reflected in the UG in rough form, but the
section could use some editing. I hope you've found the UG html tarball
included in the distribution.

Say what you need. The answers are free, too.

> P.S.: I'm running FreeTDS with Sqsh on Solaris an IRIX N64 without any
> trouble yet. This is amazing - compared to the last
> release (0.51) I had an eye on.

I had to chuckle at that. Can I quote you?

Things have gotten a lot better in the last two years. We try real hard to
stay in our segment these days.

Regards,

out such orders and/or instructions.