freetds - Re: StarOffice, unixODBC, FreeTDS

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Steve Langasek <vorlon AT netexpress.net>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: StarOffice, unixODBC, FreeTDS
  • Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 15:38:42 -0600

On Tue, Nov 19, 2002 at 10:11:40PM +0100, Martin Spott wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 19, 2002 at 03:02:56PM -0600, Steve Langasek wrote:

> > > Is the comination of StarOffice, unixODBC and FreeTDS's ODBC driver
> > > supposed
> > > to work or am I without chance ?

> > It Works For Me<tm>.

> Hmmm, I didn't expect that.
> Now, which is the next question I should pose ? :-)) The best one would be
> the question where in TFM I'll find the necessary hints - but I believe I
> already read every corresponding manual that is available on the net.
> So, could you give me a hint where to start ?

Whoops... Sorry, I guess I spoke to soon -- I only *thought* I had a
FreeTDS-based DSN set up in OpenOffice. In reality, the only DSNs I have
set up are MySQL and PostgreSQL.

Trying to use a FreeTDS DSN from OpenOffice gives me this error:

No connection could be established for the URL
sdbc:odbc:TestDSN.

Please check the current settings, e.g. user name and password

This is using freetds 0.60.1. The results are the same using either a
system DSN or a user DSN, and the DSN works fine when used from isql.

So... looks like this doesn't work with the released versions of freetds.
I'll see about trying it with a recent CVS build, maybe things have
improved.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer