freetds - Re: Shared libs on Mac OS X Server 10.2

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "bizard" <bizard AT propellerheads.com>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Shared libs on Mac OS X Server 10.2
  • Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 09:47:54 -0700 (PDT)

> > the official release tarball? I know the version of
> > libtoolize used was
> > older than what I have on my system. If you rerun 'libtoolize --force
> > --copy' on a MacOS X system (and possibly run aclocal && automake &&
> > autoconf as well), do the shared libs get built automatically?
>
> Steve,
>
> It probably is. I will look into it tonight. The tarballer is not running
> the latest and greatest of everything because I wasn't aware of the
> ramifications. You know, "Experience is what you get when you don't get
> anything else" (including dynalib support, it seems).

:)

I tried the above with the latest nightly tarball (after making a couple of
changes to get it to compile at all...documented below) and ran into the
problem that apparently my autoconf is not up to date enough. It claims to
need 2.54 and I have 2.52.

The changes I needed were line 1140 of src/tds/token.c. make complained that
this was the first time info was used. This is in a section of bigendian
code. I don't know if what I did was a good idea, but it compiled:) I
changed &(info->current_row[curcol->column_offset]) to
&(current_row[curcol->column_offset]).

Also, I downloaded the most recent version of src/apps/tsql.c which include
time.h because make complained about it.

john michael